Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
Arroyo High School will prepare its graduates to be:
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATORS WHO:
• Read, understand, analyze, and respond to literature, non-fiction, and other documents both within and outside the classroom.
• Write and speak appropriately and coherently, demonstrating an awareness of purpose and audience.
EFFECTIVE PROBLEM SOLVERS WHO:
• Analyze a problem
• Gather information
• Devise and execute a method of solution
• Evaluate and/or reflect on the results
EFFECTIVE USERS OF APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY WHO:
• Communicate ideas
• Solve problems
• Conduct research
INFORMED CITIZENS WHO:
• Are respectful and supportive of the rights of others
• Demonstrate an awareness of cultural differences
• Participate in the democratic process
CRITICAL THINKERS WHO:
• Use analysis, synthesis, evaluation, interpretation, and reflection
RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUALS WHO:
• Perform effectively as individuals and as group members to achieve goals.
• Effectively manage time through use of organizational skills